dir - Displays contents of the current working directory
dir /all - Displays contents of the current working directory including hidden files
dir /all-filesystems - Displays contents on all storage (i.e. cfa0:/ if exists)
dir <storage|directory> - Displays contents of a target storage or directory
cd <storage|directory> - Change current directory
pwd - Display current working directory
Note: Some network device have more than one storage other that the default Flash storage (flash:/) such as Compact Flash (cfa0:/).
# Display contents of current directory
Directory of flash:/
0 -rw- 33348819 Dec 16 2013 13:42:35 7500-cmw520-r6708p05.app
1 -rw- 315471 Feb 22 2015 09:20:17 config.cwmp
2 -rw- 101024 Feb 22 2015 09:20:47 config.cfg
3 drw- - Dec 17 2013 13:06:51 seclog
4 -rw- 12898 Feb 22 2015 09:20:30 system.xml
5 -rw- 101024 Feb 21 2015 13:04:46 iccrunning.cfg
64389 KB total (30237 KB free)
# Switch to the Compact Flash
# Displays its contents
Directory of cfa0:/
0 drw- - Feb 18 2015 16:31:26 logfile
1 -rw- 33348819 Feb 19 2015 07:48:14 7500-cmw520-r6708p05.app
2 -rw- 33355640 Feb 17 2015 15:43:54 7500-cmw520-r6708p10.app
1020068 KB total (954476 KB free)
# Move into a sub-directory (i.e. logfile)
# Verify current working directory
Other relevant file system commands.
copy <source_file> <target_directory|target_file>
- Copies the source file to the target directory or target file (if renaming)
move <source_file> <target_directory|target_file>
- Moves the source file to the target directory or target file (if renaming)
rename <target_file> <new_filename>
- Renames the source file to the new file name
delete [/unreserved] <target_file>
- Deletes the target file and moves it to the recycle-bin. The unreserved keyword deletes the file permanently.
- Restores the target file located in the recycle-bin.
reset recycle-bin [/force]
- Deletes files in the recycle-bin. The force keyword deletes all files without confirmation.
- Displays contents of target file . Recommended only for text files.
- Creates a new directory on the current storage.
- Deletes an existing directory. Note: only empty directories can be deleted.
- Formats the target storage. Useful for formatting mounted Compact Flash (cfa0:/). Warning: Formatting the flash is not recommend unless firmware is corrupted or planned to reset the device.
- Mounts or unmounts a storage device particularly the Compact Flash (cfa0:/)
- Examines and repairs the target storage (i.e. similar to chkdsk)
Kindly refer to this URL for more details on file system management configuration.